London Stadium witnessed a historic moment as multi-platinum artist The Weeknd, renowned for his diamond-certified hits, shattered the record for highest attendance across two nights. With an astounding 160,000 fans flocking to the stadium, The Weeknd’s After Hours Til Dawn Tour solidified its place in history.
The back-to-back shows, held on July 7 and 8, captivated audiences and set a new benchmark for live performances. Notably, the tour achieved another milestone by claiming the highest single-night attendance at London Stadium, with an unprecedented crowd of 80,000 passionate fans. The electrifying performances featured special guest appearances by Kaytranada and Mike Dean, enhancing the unforgettable experience.
“It’s incredible to see The Weeknd hit this milestone less than halfway through his massive sold-out European run,” said Omar Al-joulani, President, Touring, Live Nation, in an interview with Variety. “This historic moment in London shows the global fanbase he has cultivated over the years.”
“On the heels of an enormous, hugely successful U.S. tour, Abel continues to sell at an astounding level across Europe,” said CAA’s Co-Head of North American Touring, Darryl Eaton, to Variety. “Abel entertained 160,000 fans across two nights at London Stadium, with another show in London to come at Wembley in August 2023. We couldn’t be more proud to work with him and his team on this incredible tour!”
After Hours Til Dawn tour embarks on the second leg
The After Hours Til Dawn Tour’s momentum continues to soar as it embarks on the second leg, with an upcoming show at King Baudouin Stadium in Brussels, Belgium. From there, The Weeknd will mesmerize audiences in Barcelona, Milan, Paris, and other European cities. Excitement is mounting for the artist’s forthcoming Latin America run this fall, including awe-inspiring shows in Mexico City, Rio de Janeiro, and Buenos Aires. The grand finale is scheduled for October 25 at Estadio Akron in Guadalajara, Mexico.
Undoubtedly, The Weeknd’s stadium tour has proven to be a monumental success, generating tremendous buzz and record-breaking numbers. The North American leg of the tour, held in 2022, witnessed complete sell-outs and raked in a staggering $148 million. As the second leg gains momentum, the global tour’s total earnings have soared past the $350 million mark.
Celebrating The Weeknd’s acclaimed albums
The After Hours Til Dawn Tour serves as a celebration of The Weeknd’s acclaimed albums, including the 2020 sensation “After Hours,” whose chart-topping single “Blinding Lights” recently secured the prestigious title of the new No. 1 Billboard Hot 100 song of all time. Surpassing Chubby Checker’s iconic 1960 hit “The Twist,” The Weeknd’s musical prowess continues to captivate audiences worldwide. His critically-acclaimed album “Dawn FM,” released in January 2022, further solidifies his status as a musical force to be reckoned with.
In addition to the groundbreaking performances, The Weeknd’s After Hours Til Dawn Tour incorporates cutting-edge Web 3.0 technology, revolutionizing the live entertainment industry. As a gesture of appreciation to eligible ticket holders, they will receive a limited-edition souvenir NFT (non-fungible token), allowing them to hold a piece of the tour’s unique legacy. Furthermore, these ticket holders will gain exclusive access to The Weeknd’s upcoming tour NFT collection.
In a move that highlights the artist’s philanthropic endeavours, 5% of the collection’s sales will be donated to the XO Humanitarian Fund. This fund supports the United Nations World Food Programme’s vital mission to save lives worldwide during hunger emergencies.
After Hours Til Dawn Tour 2023 Europe Tour Dates:
- Tue Jun 6 – Lisbon, Portugal – Passeio Marítimo de Algés
- Sat Jun 10 – Manchester, UK – Etihad Stadium
- Wed Jun 14 – Horsens, Denmark – Nordstern Arena
- Sat Jun 17 – Stockholm, Sweden – Tele2 Arena
- Sun Jun 18 – Stockholm, Sweden – Tele2 Arena
- Tue Jun 20 – Oslo, Norway – Telenor Arena
- Fri June 23 – Amsterdam, Netherlands – Johan Cruijiff ArenA
- Sat June 24 – Amsterdam, Netherlands – Johan Cruijiff ArenA
- Wed June 28 – Dublin, Ireland – Marlay Park
- Sun Jul 2 – Hamburg, Germany – Volksparkstadion
- Tue Jul 4 – Dusseldorf, Germany – Merkur Spiel Arena
- Fri July 7 – London, UK– London Stadium
- Sat July 8 – London, UK– London Stadium
- Tue July 11 – Brussels, Belgium – King Baudouin Stadium
- Wed July 12 – Brussels, Belgium – King Baudouin Stadium
- Fri July 14 – Frankfurt, Germany – Deutsche Bank Park
- Tue Jul 18 – Madrid, Spain – Cívitas Metropolitano
- Thu Jul 20 – Barcelona, Spain – Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys
- Sat Jul 22 – Nice, France – Allianz Riviera
- Sun Jul 23 – Nice, France – Allianz Riviera
- Wed Jul 26 – Milan, Italy – Ippodromo La Maura
- Thur Jul 27 – Milan, Italy – Ippodromo La Maura
- Sat Jul 29 – Paris, France – Stade de France
- Sun Jul 30 – Paris, France – Stade de France
- Tue Aug 1 – Bordeaux, France – Matmut Atlantique
- Fri Aug 4 – Munich, Germany – Olympiastadion
- Sun August 6 – Prague, Czech Republic – Letnany Airport
- Wed Aug 9 – Warsaw, Poland – PGE Narodowy
- Sat August 12 – Tallinn, Estonia – Tallinn Song Festival Grounds
- Fri August 18 – London, UK – Wembley Stadium
After Hours Til Dawn Tour 2023 Latin America Tour Dates:
- Tue Sep 26 – Monterrey, Mexico – Estadio BBVA
- Fri Sep 29 – Mexico City, Mexico – Foro Sol
- Sat Sep 30 – Mexico City, Mexico – Foro Sol
- Wed Oct 4 – Bogotá, Colombia – Estadio El Campín
- Sat Oct 7 – Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – Estádio Nilton Santos Engenhão
- Tue Oct 10 – Sao Paulo, Brazil – Allianz Parque
- Wed Oct 11 – Sao Paulo, Brazil – Allianz Parque
- Sun Oct 15 – Santiago, Chile – Estadio Bicentenario La Florida
- Mon Oct 16 – Santiago, Chile – Estadio Bicentenario La Florida
- Wed Oct 18 – Buenos Aires, Argentina – Estadio River Plate
- Thu Oct 19 – Buenos Aires, Argentina – Estadio River Plate
- Sun Oct 22 – Lima, Peru – Estadio San Marcos
- Wed Oct 25 – Guadalajara, Mexico – Estadio Akron