Illenium is a reputed American DJ and music producer. He has undoubtedly made himself a respectable place in the industry with his brilliant production skills, legendary melodies, and dominant chords. Not only is he an excellent producer, but his performance is also one amongst the most breathtaking ones. Like KSHMR & Excision, he believes in touching the audience with his bright visuals and Powerfully emotional melodies. The legend was born on December 26, 1990. He started making music at a very young age, i.e., in 2008.
Illenium – Life, inspiration, ASHES album-
Illenium a.k.a Nicholas D. Miller was born in Chicago, Illinois. So, now you can know where the name Illenium originate! He got inspired by Bassnectar, watching him perform at the Red Rocks, in 2008, made him shift his focus to music the very next day. He made his debut in 2013.
While he explored Pop-funk music, Hip-hop, Lil Wayne, he was also always keen on finding a new kind of music.
He rose to fame after releasing his first album ‘Ashes’ in 2016, under Mr. Suicide Sheep Label. The record broke the Billboard dance chart with #6 and #19 in the Billboard top Hotseekers chart which aims at the new developing electronic music artists.
He began his first-ever tour with his album release – ASHES tour in 2016.
Interviews and personal life-
- Nicholas stated in one of his interviews that he wants to create the kind of music that would give his fans an adrenaline rush even decades later.
- Also stated that his dream collab would be with Porter Robinson, who is famous for his massive hit ‘Shelter.’
- He has worked as a waiter, a delivery boy and a couple of other midget jobs before music took speed.
- Miller adds that his parents were super supportive and provided for him when he changed multiple colleges. He was into Business studies, communication schools, and music schools too; but he feels that the education system sucks. Plus he never graduated!
- “Take You Down,” his 2018 single, is about his drug addiction in the past. He posted on social media to share with his fans, his and his family’s struggles. He declared that his journey through drug addiction motivated the track.
- Apart from music, he has a craze for movies and loves hanging out with his girlfriend and friends, i.e., his team.
- He had also opened for biggies like The Chainsmokers, Big Gigantic, and ODESZA.
2017 and aftermath-
Illenium released his second album called ‘Awake’ in 2017 with Kasaya Recordings & Seeking Blue. ‘Say it’ the Flume remix won ‘The Best Remix of the Year’ award.
In February 2018, he collaborated with Kill the Noise and Mako. The track, titled “Don’t Give Up on Me,” released as a single with Proximity. In July 2018, Illenium collaborated with Excision to release “Gold (Stupid Love).” In July 2018, at the Global Dance Festival, Illenium debuted with his new single “Take You Down.” It released in August 2018.
I would recommend you to listen to his music for your way to the mountains.