2018 has been a great year for the electronic music scene. International artists from all over the world have been visiting or touring the whole of the world. Along with great tours, there have been major and astonishing releases in 2018. Every artist has tried their level best to upgrade his/her brand to the maximum, be it because of the DJ Mag polls – which mainly decides the rank of the artist.
We have compiled a playlist of top 25 tracks of 2018 which have received a fabulous and massive response on YouTube. So check all of these out! Do let us know which among these was your favorite track this year, in the comments section below.
Playlist of Top 25 Tracks of 2018
- One Kiss – Calvin Harris and Dua Lipa (427 million views)
One Kiss is the second single to be released by Calvin Harris in 2018 in collaboration with Dua Lipa. The brain-nesting tunes made the song become the longest-running number one, headed by a female artist.
- Friends – Marshmello and Anne Marie (386 million views)
FRIENDS is a pop song by American DJ Marshmello. The song marks the first collaboration between Marshmello and Anne-Marie. The music video, racked up over 40,000,000 views within a month
- Magenta Riddim – DJ Snake (130 million views)
Magenta Riddim is one of the latest culture-spanning singles dropped by DJ Snake. The video pays tribute to the massive influence that Indian music has had throughout DJ Snake’s career so far. Released via – Geffen Records in February, “Magenta Riddim” has amassed over 30 million streams to date.
- Born to be yours – Kygo and Imagine Dragons (100 million views)
Grammy-winning rock group Imagine Dragons collaborated with Norwegian producer, DJ Kygo on “Born To Be Yours.” The song with its catchy hooks, killer drop, and melody that is pure bliss to ears, sure pushed the envelope.
- Like I do – Martin Garrix, Brooks, David Guetta (87 million views)
Like I do the Future House track “Like I Do” is a streaming success and has bagged tens of millions. Martin Garrix premiered the song at TimeOut72 Festival in Goa, India during his live set.
- High on Life – Martin Garrix and Bonn (77 million views)
High on Life Martin Garrix, unveiled this song during Tomorrowland 2018 set publicly and its release followed shortly after. The song was first announced through an Instagram post, four days prior to the song’s initial release.
- This Feeling – ft. Kelsea Ballerini The Chainsmokers (76 million views)
For the song “this feeling“ The Chainsmokers teamed up Kelsea Ballerini and had Emily Warren as a songwriter. Released on September 21st, “This Feeling” is a half love song, based on the mantra: follow your heart wherever it may lead.
- Lullaby – R3hab and Mike Williams ( 23 million views)
Released by the Dutch producer R3HAB in collaboration with Mike Williams. Lullaby” is one of the few releases where the vocal alone will leave you amazed in addition to a great base. It represents one of the most grateful releases.
- Drive – David Guetta & Black Coffee ( 14 million views)
From David Guetta’s album, 7, “Drive” features both Deep and Tropical House elements making it the perfect late summer anthem. “Drive” peaked at No. 31 on the Hot Dance/Electronic Songs chart in September, but the pair hopes the song can ride out a little longer with a music video so full of beauty, it’ll take your breath away.
- Opa – Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike vs KSHMR (6.5 million views)
For the Song ‘Opa’ KSHMR teamed up with Dimitri Vegas and Like Mike to release the much-awaited track. This track is going to transport you to a Greek island with its island feels.
- Nuh Ready Nuh Ready – Calvin Harris (6.5 million views)
It is a song recorded by Calvin Harris featuring vocals from the Canadian rapper PartyNextDoor who co-wrote the song along with him. the song was released by Sony Music On 8th February 2018.
- The Underground – Hardwell & Timmy Trumpet (6.1 million views)
Hardwell & Timmy Trumpet collaborated for the first time, stemming in the ever-so-powerful ‘The Underground’. The Underground has already become a staple in main stage performances and has been a hit across podcasts and festivals as an ID since early summer 2017.
- Heaven to me – Don Diablo (5.4 million views)
Is a thriving Electro-House groove that could fill any place with cathedral majesty with its uplifting and energetic beats. Diablo’s label Hexagon released the song on 3rd August 2018.
- Our Origin – ARMIN van Buuren Vs Shapov (4.8 million views)
Armin Van Buuren and Shapov joined forces yet again for another trance anthem called ‘Our Origin’. The tune is a follow up from their previous collaboration ‘The Last Dancer’. The song derived its influence from Hans Zimmer’s scored soundtrack for Interstellar.
- Breach (Walk Alone) – Martin Garrix & Blinders (4.1 million views)
First premiered in the closing stage of Tomorrowland 2018. This song was the first to be released from Garrix’ BYLAW EP and featured Dewain Whitmore and Ilsey Juber.
- Neverland – KSHMR & skies (3.4 million views)
Neverland was released on 8th August 2019. KSHMR, collaborated with new electronic sensation 7 Skies to come up with new energetic tunes. With ‘Neverland‘, they introduce a distinct flair, encompassing an entrancing bass line and vocal chops alike.
- Be In The Moment (ASOT 850 Anthem) – Armin Van Buuren (3.3 million views)
The song was created and produced by one of the biggest Djs and producers within Electronic Dance Music world, Armin Van Buuren. He released this song under his own label named Armada Music Record Label.
- The Island, Pt. 1 (Dawn) – Skrillex Remix (3.3 million views)
Skrillex instilled “The Island Pt. 1 (Dawn)” with a head-spinning mix of heavy, percussive kicks and his trademark sharp snare pops, chopping the tune’s melody into a thunderous break. Skrillex returns to rare form on this, with his classic Skrillex sound firmly intact.
- Carry me Home – KSHMR and Jake Reese (3 million views)
KSHMR’s premiered the song for the first during his first-ever mainstage set at the Ultra Music Festival Miami 2018. Though the track was released a couple months later on 15th June 2018, under KSHMR’s own Dharma label.
- Bigroom Never Dies – Hardwell & Blasterjaxx (3 million views)
Dutch DJ duo Blasterjaxx and Netherland House producer Hardwell teamed up for this song. T Harwell performed this song for the first time during his set at Ultra Miami 2018. It featured a sample of Yeah Yeah Yeah’s “Heads Will Roll”, one of the signatures of the EDM genre.
- House of Cards – KSHMR and Sidnie Tipton (2 million views)
The ultra-prolific producer KSHMR and the soulful singer Sidnie Tipton, collaborated yet again for a follow-up collaboration with “House of Cards” a record on KSHMR’s label Dharma. The song is a synth-driven piece with catchy rifts throughout that marry perfectly with Sidnie Tipton’s soulful vocals.
- Darkside – Alan Walker feat. Au/Ra and Tomine Harket (1.9 million vie
Darkside is the second part of the World of Walker trilogy which was released on 27th July 2018. The single by Norwegian DJ, Alan Walker features the vocals of Au/Ra and Tomine Harket under MER Recordings.
- Alone – Calvin Harris (1.8 million views)
Calvin Harris has hit up the remix game, making tight work of Halsey’s latest single “Alone,” featuring Stefflon Don. It’s absolutely mind-bending with fat synth lines and big drums. You’re going to be hooked for sure.
- Earthquake – Hardwell (1.6 million views)
The Dutch DJ Hardwell teamed up with the well known English vocalist Harrison on this song. The song packed with classic Electro House and intense synths which were released on 11th May 2018 under the label Revealed Recording.
- MAGIC – KSHMR (75 thousand views)KSHMR released his newest track “Magic” on 2nd November 2018 under his own label. The song is a blissful mix of festive energy with a pop sensibility.We hope you enjoy the curated playlist of top 25 tracks of 2018. Use this during New Year House parties to engage your guests.