You might be wondering; how could I share my news with the whole world without depleting what’s left of my marketing budget? And the most comprehensive answer to this question is press release service. There are many benefits of press release, and it helps in efficient and affordable self-promotion for any brand or artist.
Definition of press release
A press release is a tool made to announce something that is newsworthy in the most objective way possible. The whole purpose of a press release is to get coverage and get noticed by a target audience.
What is a Press Release for an Artist?
In the highly competitive music industry, every music artist wants to be more visible online. A press release is a common tool used to bring artist publicity and visibility. A press release is a simple, neat-looking sheet that provides news to reporters, editors, and other media members.
The main goal of a press release service is to pique the interest of a journalist or publication. A press release should contain all the essential information and compelling content on five essential ‘Ws’ of journalism. (who? what? where? when? how? and most importantly why?) for the viewers to be interested in the article.
- Affordable cost,
- Reaching the target audience,
- Adding value,
- Contribution to the branding process and sustainability
These are key benefits of press release distribution for an artist.
They also contribute to improving the recognition, reliability, image, reputation, prestige, revenues and visibility of people, organizations or institutions.
Now, the question is how to write a press release for artists? If you want to publicize yourself, a music release, latest album, or an upcoming tour, then write your own music press release to get the word out.
Tips on How to Write a Music Press Release:
- Make it noteworthy: Be sure that what you are sending is informative and newsworthy. What’s the hook of your information? To enjoy the benefits of press release services, you should know your objective and be a genuine steer on what’s great about you and your work.
- Include links to your website, press shots & socials: It’s all about making easy for people to reach out to you via various web address. So, make sure to add direct links to your social media pages, website and a folder of press shots. That way, bloggers don’t need to spend their time searching for you to tag you in posts or find a picture of you for their featured images.
- Easy Readability: To reach out to more audience, make sure that anything you write is readable. Make sure your music press release is easy to read and try to include short sentences, ideally no more than 20 words (approx.). Your paragraphs should be short with relevant subheadings and to the point to what you are trying to convey. Whether it is a song release, album release, EPs, upcoming event that you are going to be performing etc.
- More details in second/third paragraph: To enjoy more benefits of press release promotion, your second paragraph should give more detail about you, your project, album, tour – whatever it is you’re trying to promote. You can also include some quotes if any famous artist has ever said something about you. For example:
“This is by far and away from the best album ‘Your Name’ has released to date,” said ‘Artist’s name’. “He’s an amazing talent and I’m excited about this artist’s future.”
The Final Paragraph: The final paragraph of your music press release should give the idea of what’s coming next for your audience or a call to action, e.g., where your music can be bought/downloaded, how much, where they can find more info about you etc. For example, you can add links to your website, social media, a music video link.
Don’t forget to Proofread: It’s easy to get lost in what you’ve writing. You can use any amazing software tool online to get help with spelling and grammar. So, get a third party to proofread your release before you send it. This is important to make sure that you’ve made your point clearly, concisely and without typos and errors.
So, there you have it! That was some of the tips on how to write a music press release and how to promote your music. For better understanding, here is a sample press release for music artists:
Music Press Release Template (sample)
Top 10 Benefits of Press Release for an Artist or musician:
Wondering what are the benefits of press release? We have got it covered for you.
Here are some of the benefits of press release of an artist:
- Instant vast exposure: One of the benefits of press release marketing is getting instant exposure online. There are many promotional brands that offer PR services and help you in getting enough exposure by using proper SEO optimization in the press release that can be found immediately on the internet after getting published.
- Boost effectiveness of your marketing plan: One of the benefits of press release submissions is that PR is a great way for an artist or musician to boost their marketing plans by generating new sales leads. It is an affordable marketing addition that you should add to your campaign.
- Increase followers to your social media: Press release is a great way to link your social media accounts and to gain more followers. After seeing the press release online, the audience became curious to know events and happenings in the artist’s personal life linking social media accounts, you will get a good traction on your socials.
- Industry specific with location Targeting: Press release service providers are now set up based on industry types (such as Arts & Entertainment) and geographic locations. This targeting move improves the chances of grabbing the attention of the artist’s particular target audience. Let’s say there’s an upcoming event where the artist is going to perform in a particular state. Geo targeting will help to grab audiences pertaining to that location and will help in ticket selling.
- Worldwide reach: You can showcase your work to any part of the world sitting at your home by a music pr service. Yes, you have read it right. By pitching the right target audience, press release service provides an artist with worldwide reach and exposure. Music artists who are interested in having an effective marketing campaign should consider adding public relations to their promotions and marketing mix.
- Increased sales of your services: One of the benefits of pr marketing is increased sales of your song albums or any other work. After knowing an artist by the appropriate details given in the PR, many genuine producers and directors offer work to young music artists directly.
- Enhance branding: Getting featured in business blogs or newspapers increases your authenticity and people start to trust you more. By getting PR services, your online visibility gets enhanced and gets you more recognition. It also helps other people to trust you and offer work in your niche.
- Important SEO benefits: Industry and company-specific keywords are extremely important elements to optimize your press releases and unlock instant SEO benefits. With SEO optimized content, you can enhance your online visibility and make your articles searchable on the Internet. Tags pointing to your topic can bring your content an appropriate audience and traffic.
- Solid relationship with journalists: Press releases enable you to create stronger ties with journalists who are looking for a good story to share with their readers. A well-written press release will enable you to capture the attention of several media outlets and create win-win situations to keep the audience updated about your latest works by their news releases.
- Cost-effective method to attract clients: Press releases offer you the most affordable method to build your online reputation and increase your visibility into the given circle and market. Aside from increased sale potential and attracting more clients, press releases can help you capture the attention of influential investors who could become your future sponsors.
How Should You Choose a Press Release Distribution Service for an Artist?
Now that you know what the benefits of press release submission are, you are probably wondering how you can select the most suitable distribution service for an artist. In this case, try to stick to the options that are fully compatible with your needs, goals and budget.
For a paid PR service, it is essential to filter your selection based on the SEO benefits and traffic/exposure opportunities.